In some of my previous posts, here and here, I started giving you some tips on making masculine cards, and I wanted to keep going with those and show you a few more that I have made recently.
In my previous posts I spoke about using Textured Embossing Folders, and also patterned papers on your masculine cards, and today I am going to look at torn paper or cardstock.
I have two cards to share with you today.
With this first one, I have stamped the image first and then torn around both the stamped piece of cardstock and then separately torn the Early Espresso layer. I have made the two layers about half a centimeter different in size so that the bottom layer does show underneath. This card also uses some patterned papers from the Comfort Cafe DSP and a button from the Artisan Embellishment Kit.
The second card has a torn edge at the bottom of the Cherry Cobbler layer. Both times, the torn edges give the cards a nice vintage feel to them, and adds some texture and interest to the card.
Both cards make use of the fantastic Feeling Sentimental stamp set, which is an exclusive Sale-a-Bration set, so make sure you order it while you can! It’s a great set for masculine cards, but I have seen some really nice feminine cards made with it too.
I have heaps more to share with you, there has been lots of crafting in our house recently, so stay tuned!
… finally!! Yes, I finally started and completed a scrap page today.
In the last two years I have only done one scrap page and even that one I wasn’t particularly happy with. My mojo has been completely lost when it came to scrapping, but today I decided it was time…. yep, time to force myself to make just one page.
This is the thing I love so much about Stampin’ Up!, everything is so well coordinated that it makes it just so much easier to make something quickly and easily without too much difficulty (unless your mojo is MIA), so once I got into the swing of it, things fell into place pretty easily. What do you think…..?
I have used the Comfort Cafe Designer Series Papers for this page, and just matched up the colours for my card stock, except for the base which is Sahara Sand. And keeping in line with my obsession with paper piercing I have used the template to pierce some circles – I like the contrast of the different shapes and geometrical patterns.
This page is 8 x 8 inches, and because I have used a smaller size for this page, I didn’t want to have journalling visible, so I have cut a tag using the Two Tags Die, layered some vanilla card stock on top and attached some Linen Thread. And yes, even the journalling is finished!
Did you realise that if you turned those pieces of patterned paper over, it would make a lovely feminine page? Stampin’ Up! are so clever at this stuff…… 🙂
I just wanted to thank all of you for the lovely messages about my mishap on the weekend, my thumb is fine and healing up nicely, although still quite painful. Not painful enough to stop me from stamping though 🙂 Thanks again, I really appreciate your kind thoughts.
Well, you never know, I just may have turned the scrapping corner, and you may just get to see a few more of these soon 🙂
This week’s challenge at Our Creative Corner is a Dressed in Denim Recipe Challenge from Paula. Here is what she says:
Paula here again….I’m an Arkansan. We wear jeans all the time… work, church, play, even weddings. You name it, we can make the denim work. So dress it up or dress it down but use 3 ribbons or twine, 3 buttons or brads, and some denim (either real or faux via printed paper or a technique) on a project.
Great challenge, Paula! 🙂
My card uses, as promised, a sneak peek at some goodies from the new catalogue (rubbing hands together). Along with some denim, I have used the gorgeous Comfort Cafe DSP, which has been cut using the Scallop Squares Duo die. The greeting uses the new Bitty Banners Framelits die, also available on the 1st Sept. Oh and those yummy buttons are also new, Naturals Designer Buttons which have a lovely wood look to them, and they are threaded with some Early Espresso Baker’s Twine.
The denim fabric in this project (which is from an old pair of jeans belonging to my son -shhhhh!) has been adhered to some card stock using the Multipurpose adhesive sheet, before running it through the Big Shot. This helps to keep the fabric in shape and also stops in from fraying so easily.
Make sure you check out what the rest of the Design Team have made for this challenge.
Hope you will join us with this week’s challenge.